Monday 16 May 1966
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Monday, Monday by The Mamas & The Papas.
In UK Pretty Flamingo by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Nevada Smith, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1966!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1966 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Scott Reeves in Santa Monica: California, USA; actor (Ryan - The Young and the Restless)
- Giovanni Soldini: Italian sailor who rose to international center stage starting in 1991
- Sommore : American actress producer and screenwriter
- Celia Ireland: Australian actress
- Scott Reeves: American singer-songwriter and actor (Blue County)
- Metin Şentürk: Turkish singer
- Janet Jackson: American recording artist and actress. Known for a series of sonically innovative, socially conscious and sexually provocative records, as well as elaborate stage shows, television and film roles, she has been a prominent figure in popular culture since the early 1970s. The youngest child of the Jackson family, she began her career appearing on the variety television series The Jacksons in 1976. After signing a recording contract with A&M in 1982, she became a pop icon following the release of h
- Sean Quilty: Australian marathon runner (Olympics-1996).
- Janet Jackson in Gary: Indiana, USA; singer, Michael Jackson's sister (Control).
- Thurman Thomas: American athlete, running back for the NFL Buffalo Bills from 1988-1999 and NFL Player of the Year in 1991; he played with Miami in 2000.
- Randolph Turpin: boxer, shot dead in his home.
- National Welfare Rights Organization organizes
- Stokely Carmichael named Chairman of Student Nonviolent Coordinating
- American National Welfare Rights Organization begins.
- The Communist Party of China issues the ''May 16 Notice'', marking the beginning of the Cultural Revolution.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Mamas & The Papas - Monday, Monday
- Percy Sledge - When A Man Loves A Woman
- Young Rascals - Good Lovin'
- The Mindbenders - A Groovy Kind Of Love
- Bob Dylan - Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
- The Beach Boys - Sloop John B
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Kicks
- Nancy Sinatra - How Does That Grab You Darlin'
- Dionne Warwick - Message To Michael
- The Supremes - Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?