Monday 16 May 1966
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Monday, Monday by The Mamas & The Papas.
In UK Pretty Flamingo by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Nevada Smith, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1966!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1966 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Scott Reeves in Santa Monica: California, USA; actor (Ryan - The Young and the Restless).
- Sean Quilty: Australian marathon runner (Olympics-1996).
- Janet Jackson in Gary: Indiana, USA; singer, Michael Jackson's sister (Control).
- Janet Jackson: American recording artist and actress.
- Giovanni Soldini: Italian sailor who rose to international center stage starting in 1991.
- Thurman Thomas: American athlete, running back for the NFL Buffalo Bills from 1988-1999 and NFL Player of the Year in 1991; he played with Miami in 2000.
- Sommore : American actress producer and screenwriter
- Celia Ireland: Australian actress
- Scott Reeves: American singer-songwriter and actor (Blue County)
- Metin Şentürk: Turkish singer
- Randolph Turpin: boxer, shot dead in his home.
- National Welfare Rights Organization organizes
- Stokely Carmichael named Chairman of Student Nonviolent Coordinating
- American National Welfare Rights Organization begins.
- The Communist Party of China issues the ''May 16 Notice'', marking the beginning of the Cultural Revolution.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Mamas & The Papas - Monday, Monday
- Bob Dylan - Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
- Young Rascals - Good Lovin'
- Percy Sledge - When A Man Loves A Woman
- The Mindbenders - A Groovy Kind Of Love
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Kicks
- Nancy Sinatra - How Does That Grab You Darlin'
- Dionne Warwick - Message To Michael
- The Beach Boys - Sloop John B
- The Supremes - Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?