Tuesday 16 May 1967
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Doug Brocail .
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Groovin' by The Young Rascals.
In UK Silence Is Golden by The Tremeloes was in the top 5 hits.
For a Few Dollars More, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Liebesgeschichten.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1967!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1967 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Doug Brocail: American baseball player and coach.
- Philadelphia voters approve a US$13 million bond issue to build a new stadium.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Young Rascals - Groovin'
- The Supremes - The Happening
- Arthur Conley - Sweet Soul Music
- Nancy Sinatra - Somethin' Stupid
- Aretha Franklin - Respect
- The Happenings - I Got Rhythm
- Engelbert Humperdinck - Release Me (And Let Me Love Again)
- Peaches and Herb - Close Your Eyes
- The Buckinghams - Don't You Care
- The Dave Clark Five - You Got What It Takes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?