Friday 16 May 1969
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Steven Earl Lewis and Tracey Gold in New York City.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures) by The 5th Dimension.
In UK Get Back by Beatles With Billy Preston was in the top 5 hits.
Age of Consent, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Gnomes of Dulwich.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1969!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1969 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Steven Earl Lewis: Los Angeles, California -- 4X100 / 400m runner (1988 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Tracey Gold in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Carol - Growing Pains, Incredible Sunday).
- Maximilian : Liechtenstein royalty, the second son of Prince Hans-Adam II and Princess Marie.
- David Boreanaz: American actor.
- Tucker Carlson: American journalist co-founded The Daily Caller.
- Barbra Streisand appears at a Friars Club Tribute
- Students occupies Magden House Amsterdam
- US nuclear sub Guitarro sinks off San Francisco
- Venera 5 lands on Venus, returns data on atmosphere
- Venera program: Venera 5, a Soviet spaceprobe, lands on Venus.
- US submarine Guitarro sinks at the pier at San Francisco Bay Naval Shipyard, Vallejo, California.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 5th Dimension - Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures)
- The Cowsills - Hair
- The Beatles - Get Back
- The Isley Brothers - It's Your Thing
- Mercy - Love (Can Make You Happy)
- The Ventures - Hawaii Five-O
- Simon & Garfunkel - The Boxer
- Donovan - Atlantis
- Ray Stevens - Gitarzan
- The Guess Who - These Eyes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?