Sunday 16 May 1971
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Joy To The World by Three Dog Night.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Escape from the Planet of the Apes, directed by Don Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1971!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1971 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Khari Jones Canadian Football League/WLAF quarterback (British Columbia Lions: Scottish Claymores).
- Kelly Hyland: Reality Star.
- Phil Clarke: English rugby player and sportscaster.
- Rachel Goswell: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Slowdive and Mojave 3).
- 1st class postage now costs 8 cents (was 6 cents)
- A coup attempt is exposed and foiled in Egypt.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- Jackson 5 - Never Can Say Goodbye
- Ocean - Put Your Hand In The Hand
- Bread - If
- Lobo - Me And You And A Dog Named Boo
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- Aretha Franklin - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- The Bells - Stay Awhile
- Neil Diamond - I Am.. I Said
- Daddy Dewdrop - Chick-A-Boom (Don't Ya Jes' Love It)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?