Thursday 16 May 1974
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to The Streak by Ray Stevens.
In UK Sugar Baby Love by The Rubettes was in the top 5 hits.
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot, directed by Michael Cimino, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Watership Down by Richard Adams was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1974!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1974 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Sonny Sandoval: American singer-songwriter (P.
- Conal Groom in Northford: Connecticut, USA; rower (Olympics-1996).
- Keith Thibodeaux: cornerback (Washington Redskins).
- Laura Pausini: Italian pop singer who took top prize as a new artist in the 1993 San Remo Music Festival; two years later she released her first albut in English.
- Adam Richman: American actor and television personality.
- Rodolphe Vinh-Tung: French wakeboarder, a World Games Champion, who spent his childhood in Tahiti in the southern archipelago community of Fariipiti.
- Eliza Thomas: American homicide victim, one of four young girls killed in a yogurt shop in northwest Austin, TX on 12/06/1991. When the shop closed at 11:00 PM, Eliza and Amy Ayers were helping their friends, employees Jennifer and Sarah Harbison, to do the clean-up. At 11:47 PM local citizens reported a fire in the shop. When the fire-fighters put out the blaze, they found the four girls dead, each with two gunshots to the head. Three of the bodies were burned beyond recognition. The motive was apparently ro
- Helmut Schmidt is elected German Chancellor after Willy Brandt resigns due to the spy in his office. Hans-Dietrich Genscher (FDP) becomes vice chancellor and foreign minister.
- Josip Broz Tito is re-elected president of the Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia. This time he is elected for life.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Marvin Hamlisch - The Entertainer
- Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion
- Three Dog Night - The Show Must Go On
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Paul McCartney - Band On The Run
- Maria Muldaur - Midnight At The Oasis
- Chicago - (I've Been) Searchin' So Long
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?