Thursday 16 May 1996
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Louisa Chirico .
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Tha Crossroads by Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.
In UK Fastlove by George Michael was in the top 5 hits.
Mission: Impossible, directed by Brian De Palma, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while The Beast From the East by R.L. Stine was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Indaba.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Duke Nukem 3D or Eressea.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1996!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1996 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Sammy Sosa is first Chicago Cubs player to hit two homeruns in one inning.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Tha Crossroads
- Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
- Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me
- Alanis Morissette - Ironic
- Tony Rich Project - Nobody Knows
- SWV - You're The One
- 1,2,3,4 (Sumptin' New) - Coolio
- Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason
- Whitney Houston - Count On Me
- R. Kelly - Down Low (Nobody Has To Know)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?