Saturday 16 May 2009
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
Up, directed by Pete Docter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 2009!
Which were the important events of 16 May 2009 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 May
- In Baltimore, Maryland, USA, the 134th running of the Preakness Stakes is held. The philly Rachel Alexandra wins, ridden by Calvin Borel, the first win for a philly since 1924.
- Alexander Rybak of Norway wins the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest. (Reuters)
- Ruth Padel becomes the University of Oxford's first female Professor of Poetry. (''The Irish Times'')
- Manchester United Football Club win the 2008-09 season of the Premier League. (AFP via ''The Australian'')
- The Gulf drug cartel liberates 59 inmates from a prison in Zacatecas, Mexico. (Reuters via Yahoo! Xtra)
- Representative Yukio Hatoyama becomes the President of Japan's Democratic Party. (BBC)
- The People's Party concedes to the United Progressive Alliance in India's general election. (AFP/BBC via ABC Australia)
- The Niger Delta Emancipation Movement claims that Nigeria's military killed one of its hostages during an operation. (BBC)
- A car bomb kills at least 11 people and injures 25 others in Peshawar, Pakistan. (BBC)
- President Mahinda Rajapaksa says that Sri Lanka has ampquotmilitarily defeated the Tamil Tigersampquot. (MSNBC)
- The United Kingdom's Royal Air Force ends its involvement in Iraq. (BBC)
- An acid attack injures 30 people in Hong Kong, People's Republic of China. (BBC)
- Thousands of demonstrators protest unemployment in Berlin, Germany. (''The Irish Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2009 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?