Sunday 16 May 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to OMG by Usher.
Robin Hood, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Burned by P.C. Cast, Kristin Cast was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 2010!
Which were the important events of 16 May 2010 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 May
- 20 people were killed and more than 60 others were wounded in shelling in the Somali capital, Mogadishu. (CNN)
- Thailand's Prime Minister, Abhisit Vejjajiva, warns of escalating violence, and is considering a curfew after clashes with protesters kill 25 over the last 3 days. (''Chicago Tribune'')
- At least 11 people are killed after rebels from the Al-Shabab militant group attack the Somali parliament as it meets for the first time this year. (''Daily Nation'')
- Maoist guerillas kill six villagers in an alleged revenge attack in Chhattisgarh, India. (AFP)
- One person is killed and 28 injured in two grenade attacks in the Rwandan capital Kigali. (AFP)
- Voters in the Dominican Republic go to the polls in a parliamentary election. (AP)
- A recount of votes in the March 7 Iraqi election found no change in seat allocation for any of the blocs in the most populous province, Baghdad, in a setback for Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, who claimed there was election fraud and won a court appeal for the recount after his coalition came in second by two seats. (CNN)
- Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan flies to Tehran to join talks also attended by President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva aimed at convincing Iran of the advantages of sending its nuclear material abroad for processing to ease fears from the West that Iran wants to build a bomb. (BBC)
- Canadian fighter jets escort a Cathay Pacific airliner to land at Vancouver International Airport during a bomb alert and the passengers are removed. (CBC)
- United States President Barack Obama is to ask the US Congress for an extra $200m in military aid to help Israel get a short-range rocket defence system called Iron Dome in place against mortar and rocket attacks from Gaza or Southern Lebanon. (BBC)
- Scientists are finding enormous oil plumes in the deep waters of the Gulf of Mexico, including one as large as 10 miles long, 3 miles wide and 300 feet thick in spots as fresh evidence that the leak from the broken undersea well could be substantially worse than estimates that the United States government and BP have given. (''The Times'')
- A by-election takes place in Hong Kong triggered by activists calling for universal suffrage in the territory. (Radio Television Hong Kong)
- An earthquake of 5.8 magnitude is felt on Puerto Rico. (AP)
- The Republic of Korea Navy fires shots at a patrol boat from North Korea during a skirmish. (BBC)
- Airspace in Ireland is closed down again due to the Icelandic volcanic eruptions. (BBC)
- Oxford United F.C. get promoted out of the Conference National after beating York City F.C. 3-1 at Wembley Stadium
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?