Sunday 16 November 1919
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Udo Kasemets and Robert Wogensky.
Anne of Green Gables, directed by William Desmond Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1919!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1919 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
Famous Birthdays:16 November
- After Entente pressure Romanian forces withdraw from Budapest and let Admiral Horthy to march in.
- The confirmation is announced of Einstein's general relativity theory, tested by Arthur Eddington and Andrew Crommelin during a total solar eclipse on May 29, 1919 FirstScience.
- The Treaty of Versailles fails a critical ratification vote in the United States Senate. It will never be ratified by the US.
- The Treaty of Neuilly is signed between the Allies and Bulgaria.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- You Can't Get Lovin' Where There Ain't No Love - Nora Bayes
- Oh! How She Can Sing - Van & Schenck
- You Don't Need the Wine to Have a Wonderful Time - Eddie Cantor
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?