Thursday 16 November 1922
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Down to the Sea in Ships, directed by Elmer Clifton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1922.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1922!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1922 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- José Saramago: Portuguese writer and recipient of the 1998 Nobel Prize in Literature.
- Royal Dano: NYC, New York -- Actor (Red Badge of Courage, Cocaine Wars, House II).
- Gene Amdahl: American computer scientist physicist and engineer founded the Amdahl Corporation (d. 2015).
- Eduardo Mora Valverde: Costa Rican economist, politician and leader of the Costa Rican left, brother of Manuel Mora main Costa Rican Communist Party leader and father of Patricia Mora, current president of the Broad Front Party and deputy of the 2014-2018 period.
- Jose Saramago: Portuguese novelist, Nobel laureate (d. 2010).
- Salvatore Giuliano: Italian bandit chief, one of the most romantic figures of the 20th century, a strikingly handsome mixture of Robin Hood and Pancho Villa, living with his band in a mountain hideout. Mario Puzo's best-seller, "The Sicilian," was based on Giuliano. On 7/05/1950, he was shot to death, betrayed by his one of his own men.
- Max Abraham: Polish-German physicist and academic (d. 1922).
- Pope Pius XI calls on Belgian people to unite
- Turkish kalief / Sultan Mehmed VI asks British army for help
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Say it While Dancing - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
- Chicago - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?