Saturday 16 November 1935
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Crime and Punishment, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1935!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1935 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- France-Albert Rene: President of Seychelles (1977- ).
- Elisabeth Brenner: Cincinnati Writer.
- Mohammad Fadlallah: Iraqi-Lebanese cleric educator and author (d. 2010).
- Magdi Yacoub: Egyptian-English surgeon and academic.
- Mohammad Hussein Fadlallah: Iraqi-born Lebanese Shiite Muslim cleric and Hezbollah mentor (d. 2010).
- Elizabeth Drew: Journalist (Politics & Money: The Road to Corruption)
- Kurt Schindler: Composer, dies at 53.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?