Thursday 16 November 1944
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Thin Man Goes Home, directed by Richard Thorpe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1944!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1944 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- François Guérif: French editor, director and literary critic of French cinema.
- Oliver Braddick: English psychologist and academic.
- Charles Jay Hammer: Actor (Fletcher Reade-Guiding Light).
- Hugo Dittberner: Writer.
- Joanna Pettit: London, England -- Actress (Knots Landing, Cry of the Innocent).
- US 9th division and 1st Army attacks at Geilenkirchen
- Dueren, Germany is destroyed by Allied bombers.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 November 1944 and get them!