Friday 16 November 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Lost Weekend, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1945!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1945 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Teenie Hodges: American guitarist and songwriter (Hi Rhythm Section) (d. 2014).
- Lynn Hunt: American historian author and academic.
- Martine van: Hamel in Belgium; ballerina (New York City Ballet Co).
- Kaarlo Sarkia: Finnish Poet (Kohtalon Vaaka), dies at 43.
- Yeshiva College (University), chartered in New York, first US Jewish College.
- Cold War: Operation Paperclip : the United States Army secretly admits 88 German scientists and engineers to help in the development of rocket technology.
- UNESCO is founded.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1945 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- No Can Do - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Don't Forget Tonight Tomorrow - Frank Sinatra
- Peggy Lee - Waitin' for the Train to Come In
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?