Saturday 16 November 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Best Years of Our Lives, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1946!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1946 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Barbara Leigh: Ringgold, Georgia -- Actress (Vampirella).
- Jo Jo White: American basketball player.
- Terence McKenna: American author and explorer who spent 25 years in the study of the ontological foundations of shamanism and the ethno-pharmacology of spiritual transformation.
- Barbara Smith: American black feminist political thinker and activist, critic, teacher, lecturer, author, editor, and essayist.
- Mark Satin: American-Canadian political theorist, author, and newsletter publisher.
- Colin Burgess: Australian drummer and songwriter (The Masters Apprentices AC/DC and His Majesty)
- Ole Olsen: Danish motorcycle racer
- Jo White: American basketball player and coach
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Huggin' and Chalkin' - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
- Helen Carroll - Ole Buttermilk Sky
- Sooner or Later (You're Gonna Be Comin' Around) - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- The Things We Did Last Summer - Jo Stafford
- It's A Pity To Say Goodnight - Stan Kenton
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?