Wednesday 16 November 1949
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pattie Santos and William Ackerman.
Adam's Rib, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching The Paul Whiteman's Goodyear Revue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1949!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1949 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Pattie Santos: Rocker.
- William Ackerman: Composer.
- Michel Daerden: A francophone Belgian politician, a member of the Parti Socialiste, and a Finance auditor.
- Bill Herbst: American professional astrologer and writer, frequent contributor to The Mountain Astrologer magazine and other publications, and author of two books, including "Houses of the Horoscope.
- Silvana Petrucci: Italian homicide victim, murdered in Geneva on 10/22/1999 around 6:00 AM, by her son, Stefano Diamante, because he did not want her to find out that he had lied and was not going to the university.
- Arrow : Montserratian singer-songwriter (d. 2010)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 November 1949
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?