Friday 16 November 1951
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Superman and the Mole-Men, directed by Lee Sholem, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1951!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1951 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Philippe Guglielmi: French politician and Grand Master of the 'Grand Orient de France' (1997-1999).
- Paula Vogel: American Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright, she won the prestigious award in 1998 for "How I Learned to Drive.
- Alain Etchegoyen: French philosopher and novelist, who wrote some twenty books, essays and novels.
- Miguel Sandoval: American actor and director.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?