Tuesday 16 November 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK My Son My Son by Vera Lynn was in the top 5 hits.
The Last Time I Saw Paris, directed by Richard Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Love Is Eternal by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1954!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1954 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Andrea Barrett: American novelist and author of the best-selling "The Voyage of the Narwhal," an epic sea drama that she researched on a Guggenheim Foundation grant in 1997.
- Luis Conte: Cuban drummer (Jaguares and Pat Metheny Group).
- Dick Gross: Australian lawyer and politician.
- Licia Maglietta: Italian actress and stage director, known for her role in the film "Bread and Tulips" (2000).
- Bruce Edwards: American golf caddy (d. 2004).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?