Wednesday 16 November 1955
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marie-Hélène Aubert and Pierre Larouche.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Autumn Leaves by Roger Williams.
In UK Hernando's Hideaway by Johnston Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Tarantula, directed by Jack Arnold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Spin and Marty.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1955!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1955 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Marie-Hélène Aubert: French politician and former Member of the European Parliament for the West of France.
- Pierre Larouche: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Héctor Cúper: Argentinian footballer coach and manager.
- Jun Kunimura: Japanese actor.
- Tomasz Arciszewski: Polish Premier (1944-47), dies at 88.
- 1st speed-boat to exceed 200 mph (322 km/h) (D M Campbell)
- Johnny Cash made his 1st chart appearance with Cry Cry Cry
- Sultan Sidi Mohammed Ben Yussuph V returns to Morocco
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1955 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?