Sunday 16 November 1958
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Harry Rushakoff and Marg Helgenberger in North Bend.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty.
In UK It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards was in the top 5 hits.
Houseboat, directed by Melville Shavelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Charlie Drake.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1958!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1958 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Harry Rushakoff: Rocker (Concrete Blonde).
- Marg Helgenberger in North Bend: Nebraska, USA; actress (China Beach, Ryan's Hope).
- Roberto Guerrero: Medelin, Colombia -- Indy racer (Rookie of Year 1984).
- Boris Krivokapic: Serbian academic.
- Marge Helgenberger: American actress most notably for her role in "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," a popular television series but with a substantial body of work behind her.
- Warner Fabian [S Adams]: US Author (Great American Fraud), dies at 87.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 November 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- Cozy Cole - Topsy II
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
- Big Bopper - Chantilly Lace
- Tommy Dorsey Orchestra - Tea For Two Cha Cha
- Earl Grant - The End
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- Ricky Nelson - I Got A Feeling
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?