Saturday 16 November 1963
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Deep Purple by Nino Tempo & April Stevens.
In UK You'll Never Walk Alone by Gerry & The Pacemakers was in the top 5 hits.
The Skydivers, directed by Coleman Francis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while The Living Reed by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1963!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1963 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Éric Fréchon: French chef, Meilleur Ouvrier de France with three stars in the Guide Michelin.
- Zina Garrison in Houston: Texas, USA; tennis player (1988 Olympics Gold, Bronze).
- Gay "Mani" Mournfield: English pop bassist (Stone Roses).
- Steve Argüelles: English drummer and producer (Loose Tubes and Human Chain).
- Zina Garrison: American tennis player and coach.
- Toledo, OH newspaper strike began
- Touch-tone telephone introduced
- A newspaper strike begins in Toledo, Ohio.
- The Dartford Tunnel opens in the U.K.
- The first push-button telephone is made available to ATT customers.
- The Beatles' second U.K. album, ''With The Beatles'', is released
- John F. Kennedy assassination: In Dallas, Texas, United States President John F. Kennedy is assassinated, Texas Governor John B. Connally is seriously wounded, and Vice President Lyndon Baines Johnson becomes the 36th President. All television coverage for the next four days is devoted to the assassination, its aftermath, the procession of the horsedrawn casket to the Capitol Rotunda, and the funeral of President Kennedy. Stores and businesses shut down for the entire weekend and Monday, in
- John Kilbride, 12, is abducted by Myra Hindley and Ian Brady in Great Britain.
- The first episode of the BBC television series ''Doctor Who'' is broadcast in the United Kingdom.
- The Golden Age Nursing Home fire kills 63 elderly people near Fitchville, Ohio.
- Vietnam War: New U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson confirms that the United States intends to continue supporting South Vietnam militarily and economically.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmy Gilmer - Sugar Shack
- Dale & Grace - I'm Leaving It Up To You
- Nino Tempo & April Stevens - Deep Purple
- The Village Stompers - Washington Square
- Tommy Roe - Everybody
- The Impressions - It's All Right
- Lesley Gore - She's A Fool
- Los Indios Tabajaras - Maria Elena
- Elvis Presley - Bossa Nova Baby
- Bobby Bare - 500 Miles Away From Home
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 November 1963 and get them!