Thursday 16 November 1967
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lawrence Dawsey and Lisa Bonet in San Francisco.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to To Sir With Love by Lulu.
In UK Baby Now That I've Found You by The Foundations was in the top 5 hits.
The Producers, directed by Mel Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Till, der Junge von nebenan.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1967!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1967 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Lawrence Dawsey: NFL wide receiver (Tampa Bay Bucs).
- Lisa Bonet in San Francisco: California, USA; actress (Cosby Show, Different World, Angel Heart).
- Lisa Bonet: American actress who played Bill Cosby's daughter on his TV series, "The Bill Cosby Show.
- Eva Pope: TV Actress.
- Craig Arnold: American poet and academic (d. 2009).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lulu - To Sir With Love
- Sam & Dave - Soul Man
- Strawberry Alarm Clock - Incense And Peppermints
- The Cowsills - The Rain, The Park & Other Things
- Vikki Carr - It Must Be Him
- Bobby Vinton - Please Love Me Forever
- Marvin Gaye - Your Precious Love
- Dionne Warwick - I Say A Little Prayer
- Soul Survivors - Expressway (To Your Heart)
- The Who - I Can See For Miles
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?