Tuesday 16 November 1971
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Donald Wolf and Koshi Rikdo.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Theme From Shaft by Isaac Hayes.
In UK Coz I Luv You by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
Bedknobs and Broomsticks, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Day Of The Jackal by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bandeira 2.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or Galaxy Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1971!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1971 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Donald Wolf: computer game creator.
- Koshi Rikdo: Japanese mangaka.
- Mylo Carbia: Puerto Rican-American screenwriter.
- Aleksandr Popov: Russian swimmer, Gold Medal in 50 and 100M Freestyle in Atlanta.
- Tanja Damaske: German javelin thrower and shot putter.
- Mustapha Hadji: Moroccan footballer and manager
- Annely Peebo: Estonian soprano and actress
- Alexander Popov: Russian swimmer and coach
- Waqar Younis: Pakistani cricketer and coach
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1971 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?