Monday 16 November 1981
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Thomas Fabius and Dimitri Rassam.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Physical by Olivia Newton-John.
In UK Under Pressure by Queen & David Bowie was in the top 5 hits.
Ragtime, directed by Milos Forman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while An Indecent Obsession by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching It Takes a Worried Man.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Black Hole or Madness and the Minotaur.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1981!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1981 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Thomas Fabius: French businessman, tennis monitor, and radio-TV columnist, son of Minister Laurent Fabius and producer Françoise Castro.
- Dimitri Rassam: French-Lebanese film producer (especially "Le Prénom", and "le Petit Prince" in 2015), son of actress Carole Bouquet, Married to Masha, model.
- Fernando Cabrera: Puerto Rican baseball player.
- Allison Crowe: Canadian singer, songwriter, pianist and guitarist.
- Caitlin Glass: American voice actress singer and director.
- Kate Miller-Heidke: Australian singer-songwriter
- Osi Umenyiora: English-born American football player
- Merrily We Roll Along opens at Alvin Theater NYC for 16 performances
- Dennis Lillee kicked Javed Miandad, who waved his bat at Dennis
- Luke marries Laura on General Hospital (16 million watch)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 November 1981
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Olivia Newton-John - Physical
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Private Eyes
- Foreigner - Waiting For A Girl Like You
- The Rolling Stones - Start Me Up
- Air Supply - Here I Am (Just When I Thought I Was Over You)
- Bob Seger - Tryin' To Live My Life Without You (Live)
- Little River Band - The Night Owls
- The Police - Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
- Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)
- Mike Post - The Theme From Hill Street Blues
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?