Thursday 16 November 2006
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to My Love by Justin Timberlake.
In UK Put Your Hands Up For Detroit by Fedde Le Grande was in the top 5 hits.
Deja Vu, directed by Tony Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while You: On a Diet by Michael F. Roizen, Mehmet C. Oz was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 2006!
Which were the important events of 16 November 2006 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 November
- Yuri Levada: Russian sociologist (Born 1930).
- 2006 Tonga riots:
- Ségolène Royal wins the Socialist Party's nomination to run for President of France in next year's election she becomes France's first-ever female presidential candidate representing a major party. (BBC)
- Nancy Pelosi is unanimously nominated by the Democratic Party to become the next Speaker of the United States House of Representatives. Steny Hoyer wins the election over Jack Murtha to become Majority Leader. (Reuters)
- Democratic Republic of Congo presidential candidate Jean-Pierre Bemba has rejected election results that gave victory to Joseph Kabila. (BBC)
- The United Nations hold high-level talks in Ethiopia to find new ways for solving the crisis in the war-torn Sudanese region of Darfur. (BBC)
- Fourteen security contractors are abducted as a supply convoy is ambushed at Nasiriya in southern Iraq. (CNN)
- At least eight people die as a tornado hits Riegelwood, North Carolina as thunderstorms move through the southern United States. One other person died in the larger tornado outbreak. (CBS News)
- The European Commission plan to charge €39.60 ($51 / £27) green tax per return ticket on long haul flights from and to the EU by 2011, angering U.S. airline companies as they will need to buy permits to cover their European emissions. (The Times)
- The Chinese Government unblocks Wikipedia in China after banning the website for a year. (Reuters)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?