Tuesday 16 October 1906
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1906!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1906 ?
- Bernard Challe: Commercy Military man.
- George Martin: Lott Jr tennis champion (1931 US Open runner-up).
- Leon Klimovsky: Argentine film director (d. 1996).
- León Klimovsky: Argentinian actor director and screenwriter (d. 1996).
- Roger Guichardan: Chambéry Journalist.
- Dino Buzzati: Italian journalist, dramatist and novelist called, "an Italian Kafka." He became well known with the publication of his most popular novel, "The Tartar Steppe," 1940, which is both realistic and allegorical. He also wrote "Larger Than Life," 1960, a sci-fi novel, and "A Love Affair," 1963.
- Imposter Wilhelm Voigt impersonates a Prussian officer and takes over the city hall in Köpenick for a short time.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1906 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- There Never was a Girl Like You - James McCool
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1906?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 October 1906 and get them!