Wednesday 16 October 1918
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Anna Karenina, directed by Mrton Garas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1918!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1918 ?
- Louis Althusser: French-Algerian philosopher and teacher at the ENS, a Marxist and an author.
- Abraham Nemeth: American mathematician and academic (d. 2013).
- Tony Rolt: English racing driver and engineer (d. 2008).
- Geori Boue: French lyric soprano who sang opera and operetta.
- Geori Boué: Toulouse Opera Singers.
- Bill Nichols: (Rep-D-Alabama, 1967- )
- Felix Arndt: Composer, dies at 29.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Oh, How I Hate to Get Up in the Morning - Arthur Fields
- While You're Away - Harry Ellis
- Good-Bye, Mother Machree - Harry Macdonough & Shannon Four
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?