Monday 16 October 1950
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Elinor Lipman and Charles Green.
Dark City, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Across The River And Into The Trees by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Stu Erwin Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1950!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1950 ?
- Elinor Lipman: American writer, the author of five novels and a collection of short stories, including "The Inn at Lake Devine" and "Isabel's Bed.
- Charles Green: YouTube Star.
- Károly Horváth: Romanian-Hungarian cellist flute player and composer (d. 2015).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1950 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'll Always Love You (Querida Mia) - Dinah Shore
- Harbor Lights - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Eddie Fisher - Thinking of You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?