Friday 16 October 1953
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Susan Pedersen and Paulo Roberto Falcao.
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Heat, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ponds Theater.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1953!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1953 ?
- Susan Pedersen: United States -- 4 X 100m medley swimmer (1968 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Paulo Roberto Falcao: Brazilian footballer.
- Alonzo Bradley: American athlete, a pro basketball player, he was drafted by the Houston team in 1977 and played for three seasons.
- Tony Carey: American keyboard player songwriter and producer (Rainbow Planet P Project and Over the Rainbow).
- Paulo Falcão: Brazilian footballer and manager.
- Fred Ridgeway: Irish-English actor (d. 2012)
- Martha Smith: Cleveland, Ohio -- Actress (Animal House) / playmate (July 1973)
- Al Sobotka: American sports facility operations manager
- Fidel Castro sentenced to 15 years (Havana)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 October 1953
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1953 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?