Thursday 16 October 1958
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eleftheria Arvanitaki and Michel Carliez.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards.
In UK Stupid Cupid / Carolina Moon by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
The Seventh Seal, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pursuit.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1958!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1958 ?
- Eleftheria Arvanitaki: Greek singer.
- Michel Carliez: French actor and stuntman.
- Tim Robbins: American actor, director and screenwriter, an offbeat character lead.
- John Tuttle: American athlete, a champion marathon runner.
- Roy McDonough: English footballer and manager.
- First broadcast of the long-running BBC Television children's programme ''Blue Peter''.ref name=quotPocket On This Dayquot
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Tears On My Pillow
- Robin Luke - Susie Darlin'
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- Earl Grant - The End
- The Elegants - Little Star
- Tommy Dorsey Orchestra - Tea For Two Cha Cha
- Roger Williams - Near You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?