Thursday 16 October 1958
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards.
In UK Stupid Cupid / Carolina Moon by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
The Seventh Seal, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1958!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1958 ?
- John Tuttle: American athlete, a champion marathon runner.
- Michel Carliez: French actor and stuntman.
- Eleftheria Arvanitaki: Greek singer.
- Roy McDonough: English footballer and manager.
- Tim Robbins: American actor, director and screenwriter, an offbeat character lead.
- First broadcast of the long-running BBC Television children's programme ''Blue Peter''.ref name=quotPocket On This Dayquot
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- The Elegants - Little Star
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Tears On My Pillow
- Robin Luke - Susie Darlin'
- Tommy Dorsey Orchestra - Tea For Two Cha Cha
- Earl Grant - The End
- Roger Williams - Near You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 October 1958 and get them!