Friday 16 October 1959
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Erkki-Sven Tuur and Kevin Brennan.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin.
In UK Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin was in the top 5 hits.
A Summer Place, directed by Delmer Daves, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Detectives.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1959!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1959 ?
- Erkki-Sven Tuur: Estonian composer.
- Kevin Brennan: Welsh journalist and politician.
- Marc Collins-Rector: American businessman founded Digital Entertainment Network.
- Brian Harper: American baseball player and coach.
- Gary Kemp: English singer-songwriter guitarist and actor (Spandau Ballet).
- Philip Maini: mathematician at the University of Oxford
- Tessa Munt: English lawyer and politician
- Jamie Salmon: English-New Zealand rugby player and sportscaster
- Erkki-Sven Tüür: Estonian flute player and composer
- John Whittingdale: English politician Secretary of State for Culture Media and Sport
- George C Marshall: US army General, dies at 78.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Santo and Johnny - Sleep Walk
- The Everly Brothers - ('Til) I Kissed You
- Sandy Nelson - Teen Beat
- The Coasters - Poison Ivy
- The Browns - The Three Bells
- Frankie Avalon - Just Ask Your Heart
- Andy Williams - Lonely Street
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?