Sunday 16 October 1960
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Mr. Custer by Larry Verne.
In UK Tell Laura I Love Her by Ricky Valance was in the top 5 hits.
The Magnificent Seven, directed by John Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1960!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1960 ?
- Val Skinner: Hamilton, Montana -- LPGA golfer (1995 Sprint Championship).
- Guy LeBlanc: Canadian keyboard player and songwriter (Nathan Mahl and Camel) (d. 2015).
- Bob Mould: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Hüsker Dü and Sugar).
- NL votes to admit Houston and New York to league
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me
- Connie Francis - My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Larry Verne - Mr. Custer
- Brenda Lee - I Want To Be Wanted (Per Tutta La Vita)
- Sam Cooke - Chain Gang
- Jimmy Charles - A Million To One
- Bobby Vee - Devil Or Angel
- The Everly Brothers - So Sad (To Watch Good Love Go Bad)
- Brook Benton - Kiddio
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 October 1960 and get them!