Friday 16 October 1964
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Do Wah Diddy Diddy by Manfred Mann.
In UK Oh Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison was in the top 5 hits.
My Fair Lady, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1964!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1964 ?
- Eric Kayser: French baker and food writer, his great grandfather, grandfather, and father were traditional bakers in Lorraine.
- Shawn Little: Canadian lawyer and politician (d. 2012).
- James Thompson: American-Finnish author (d. 2014).
- Brezhnev and Kosygin replace Khrushchev as head of Russia
- The People's Republic of China detonates its first nuclear weapon.
- Soviet leaders Leonid Brezhnev and Alexei Kosygin are inaugurated as General Secretary of the CPSU and Premier, respectively and the collective leadership is established.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- Martha & the Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
- Gale Garnett - We'll Sing In The Sunshine
- J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers - Last Kiss
- The Shangri-Las - Remember (Walkin' In The Sand)
- Chad Stuart and Jeremy Clyde - A Summer Song
- Gene Pitney - It Hurts To Be In Love
- When I Grow Up (To Be A Man) - The Beach Boys
- Betty Everett - Let It Be Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?