Monday 16 October 1967
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joe Murphy and Davina McCall.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to To Sir With Love by Lulu.
In UK Massachusetts by The Bee Gees was in the top 5 hits.
Samurai II: Duel at Ichijoji Temple, directed by Hiroshi Inagaki, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Gabriel Hounds by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der Vater und sein Sohn.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1967!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1967 ?
- Joe Murphy: London, England -- NHL right wing (Chicago Blackhawks).
- Davina McCall: TV Show Host.
- Jason Everman: American guitarist (Nirvana Soundgarden Mind Funk and OLD).
- Michael Laffy: Australian footballer.
- WETK TV channel 33 in Burlington, VT (PBS) begins broadcasting
- WGNO TV channel 26 in New Orleans, LA (ABC) begins broadcasting
- Thirty-nine people, including singer-activist Joan Baez, are arrested in Oakland, California, for blocking the entrance of that city's military induction center.
- The musical ''Hair'' opens off-Broadway. It moves to Broadway the following April.
- Vietnam War: Battle of Ong Thanh
- Vietnam War: Students at the University of Wisconsin-Madison protest over recruitment by Dow Chemical on the University campus. 76 are injured in the resulting riot.
- Walt Disney's 19th full-length animated feature ''The Jungle Book'', the last animated film personally supervised by Disney, is released and becomes an enormous box-office and critical success. On a double bill with the film is the (now) much less well-known true-life adventure, ''Charlie the Lonesome Cougar''.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 October 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lulu - To Sir With Love
- The Box Tops - The Letter
- The Association - Never My Love
- The Young Rascals - How Can I Be Sure
- Soul Survivors - Expressway (To Your Heart)
- Vikki Carr - It Must Be Him
- Sam & Dave - Soul Man
- Bill Cosby - Little Ole Man (Uptight-Everything's Alright)
- Brenton Wood - Gimme Little Sign
- Marvin Gaye - Your Precious Love
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?