Monday 16 October 1978
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Kiss You All Over by Exile.
In UK Summer Nights by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
Midnight Express, directed by Alan Parker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1978!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1978 ?
- Abel Talamantez: Texas, United States -- Singer (Menudo-Cannonball).
- Whitni Zimmerman: Miss New Mexico Teen USA (1996).
- Ethan Luck: American guitarist and drummer (The O.C.
- Dan Dailey: Dancer / actor (Gov Drinkwater-Governor & JJ), dies at 63.
- Nobel prize for economy awarded to Herbert A Simon
- Test debut of Kapil Dev, India vs. Pakistan at Faisalabad
- Polish Cardinal Karol Wojtyla elected supreme pontiff-John Paul II.
- Wanda Rutkiewicz is the first Pole and the first European woman to reach the summit of Mount Everest.
- Pope John Paul II is elected after the October 1978 Papal conclave.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Exile - Kiss You All Over
- Taste Of Honey, A - Boogie Oogie Oogie
- Donna Summer - MacArthur Park
- Nick Gilder - Hot Child In The City
- Anne Murray - You Needed Me
- Little River Band - Reminiscing
- Boston - Don't Look Back
- Kenny Loggins - Whenever I Call You Friend
- John Travolta, Olivia Newton-John - Summer Nights
- John Paul Young - Love Is In The Air
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 October 1978 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?