Thursday 16 October 1980
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jeremy Jackson and Sue Bird.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Another One Bites The Dust by Queen.
In UK Don't Stand So Close To Me by The Police was in the top 5 hits.
Oh, God! Book II, directed by Gilbert Cates, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Firestarter by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Great Railway Journeys of the World.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Missile Command or Time Traveler.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1980.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1980!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1980 ?
- Jeremy Jackson: American actor.
- Sue Bird: American basketball player.
- Timana Tahu: Australian rugby player.
- Carl PM Romme: Dutch Minister of Social Affairs (KVP), dies at 83.
- Brigadoon opens at Majestic Theater NYC for 133 performances
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
- Barbra Streisand - Woman In Love
- Diana Ross - Upside Down
- Air Supply - All Out Of Love
- Pointer Sisters - He's So Shy
- The Doobie Brothers - Real Love
- Kenny Loggins - I'm Alright
- Olivia Newton-John - Xanadu
- Eddie Rabbitt - Drivin' My Life Away
- Paul Simon - Late In The Evening
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?