Friday 16 October 1987
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Lost In Emotion by Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam.
In UK You Win Again by The Bee Gees was in the top 5 hits.
Near Dark, directed by Kathryn Bigelow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Presumed Innocent by Scott Turow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1987!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1987 ?
- Nicholas Massa: American actor and writer.
- Alex Farnham: YouTube Star.
- Maurice Barnett: YouTube Star.
- Dana Suesse: songwriter ("You Ought to be in Pictures"), dies at age 75.
- 338,500,000 shares traded on New York stock exchange (record)
- Dow Jones for 1st time falls more than 100 pts (108.35)
- Mike Tyson TKOs Tyrell Biggs in 7 for heavyweight boxing title
- 175-kph winds cause blackout in London and much of southern England.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average for the first time falls more than 100 points.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 October 1987 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?