Monday 16 October 1989
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dan Biggar and Aphmau .
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Miss You Much by Janet Jackson.
In UK Ride On Time by Black Box was in the top 5 hits.
Look Who's Talking, directed by Amy Heckerling, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Clear And Present Danger by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Around the World in 80 Days.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing A-10 Tank Killer or Ballistix.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1989!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1989 ?
Famous Birthdays:16 October
- Cornel Wilde: Slovak-American actor director producer and screenwriter (d. 1989).
- Bikenibau Paeniu installed as Premier of Tuvalu
- Jan Syse becomes Premier of Norway
- A drawing is held by American music video station VH-1, giving away 36 Corvettes, one from each model year. Dennis Amodeo is the winner. He later sells the cars for US$1.5 million.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Janet Jackson - Miss You Much
- The Cure - Love Song
- Tears For Fears - Sowing The Seeds Of Love
- Roxette - Listen To Your Heart
- The Rolling Stones - Mixed Emotions
- New Kids On The Block - Cover Girl
- Aerosmith - Love In An Elevator
- Babyface - It's No Crime
- Young M.C. - Bust A Move
- Expose - When I Looked At Him
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?