Wednesday 16 October 2002
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Dilemma by Nelly.
In UK The Long And Winding Road / Suspicious Minds by Will Young & Gareth Gates was in the top 5 hits.
Anand, directed by Hrishikesh Mukherjee, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while From a Buick 8 by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Top Gear.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Arthur's Quest: Battle for the Kingdom or BattleBots: Beyond the BattleBox.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 2002!
Which were the important events of 16 October 2002 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 October
- US President George W. Bush signs the Iraq War Resolution.
- Bibliotheca Alexandrina in the Egyptian city of Alexandria, a commemoration of the Library of Alexandria that was lost in antiquity, is officially inaugurated.
- Iraq War Resolution is authorized by a majority of the U.S. Congress.
- Politics of the Netherlands: the cabinet of Balkenende resigns. Because of the constant internal fighting in the new party LPF, the other two governing parties, CDA and VVD decided that continuing the coalition was impossible. It seems almost certain that there will be new elections, possibly as early as December.
- Officials in Brussels fear that the collapse in the Netherlands will delay the expansion of the EU. The Netherlands cabinet was already divided on the issue and if new elections are to be held it may take 4–5 months before another cabinet is installed that is willing to make a decision.
- Politics of Germany: Gerhard Schröder and Joschka Fischer sign the coalition treaty for the second red-green cabinet.
- Seven members of the Dawson family were murdered in Baltimore, Maryland in retribution for opposing local drug activity
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2002 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?