Sunday 16 September 1906
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Lika mot lika, directed by Knut Lambert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1906.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1906!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1906 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Annie Hermes: Dutch singer.
- Jack Malcolm Thorpe Fleming Churchill: Commando.
- Annie Hermès: Dutch opera singer.
- Korla Pandit: Indian or American entertainer with questionable ancestry and birth data, who presented himself as a turbaned Hindu organist.
- Maurice Sachs: French writer, essayist and one-time Roman Catholic priest.
- Jack Churchill: Sri Lankan-English colonel (d. 1996)
- Kaarlo Nieminen wins 1st Finnish marathon
- Roald Amundsen discovers the Magnetic South Pole.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1906 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Good Old U.S.A. - Byron G. Harlan
- Here it Comes Again - Bert Williams
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1906?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?