Tuesday 16 September 1913
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Hamlet, directed by Hay Plumb, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1913.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1913!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1913 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Felicien Marceaux: Belgium Writer.
- Félicien Marceau: French novelist, playwright and essayist, originally from Belgium.
- 1000s of women demonstrate for Dutch female suffrage
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Every Lover Must Meet His Fate - Reed Miller
- Santa Lucia - Reed Miller
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?