Friday 16 September 1932
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anne Francis in Ossining and Micky Stewart.
Maedchen in Uniform, directed by Leontine Sagan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1932!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1932 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Anne Francis in Ossining: New York, USA; actress (Honey West, Pancho Villa).
- Micky Stewart: English cricketer and coach.
- Ronald Ross: Indian-born British medical doctor who received the Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine in 1902 for his work on malaria.
- 30.8 cm rainfall at Westerly, Rhode Island (state record)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?