Sunday 16 September 1934
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Belle of the Nineties, directed by Leo McCarey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1934!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1934 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Marshalla Hazen: American pro astrologer and editor of the Ascendant magazine, which she founded with a dedication to high standards of astrology.
- Elgin Baylor: NBA star (1958-59 Rookie of the Year-Los Angeles Lakers).
- George Chakiris: American actor singer and dancer.
- Ronnie Drew: Irish singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Dubliners) (d. 2008).
- Dick Heckstall-Smith: English saxophonist (Blues Incorporated The Graham Bond Organisation and Colosseum) (d. 2004).
- Eva Clayton: (Rep-D-North Carolina)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?