Thursday 16 September 1937
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andrew J[efferson V] Offutt and Vincent J Naimoli.
The Lower Depths, directed by Jean Renoir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1937!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1937 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Andrew J[efferson V] Offutt: United States -- Sci-fi author (Undying Wizard).
- Vincent J Naimoli: Paterson, New Jersey -- Owner (SF Giants).
- Alexander Medved: Russian wrestler.
- Lulu Capra: American noted family, the daughter of Frank Capra and Lucille Warner.
- Pavel Bobek: Czech singer (d. 2013).
- Aleksandr Medved: USSR -- Super heavyweight (1964, 68, 72 Olympics - Gold Medalist)
- Vince Naimoli: American businessman and philanthropist
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?