Tuesday 16 September 1941
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jim McBride in New York City and Tommy Carberry.
Hold Back the Dawn, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1941!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1941 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Jim McBride in New York City: New York, USA; director/actor (Hot Times, Breathless, Big Easy).
- Tommy Carberry: Jockey.
- Joe Butler: American singer autoharp player and drummer (The Lovin' Spoonful).
- Richard Perle: American political scientist and politician.
- German armour troops surround Kiev Ukraine
- Hitler orders for every dead German, 100 Yugoslavian be killed
- Jews of Vilna Poland confined to Ghetto
- World War II: concerned that Reza Pahlavi the Shah of Persia is about to ally his petroleum-rich empire with Nazi Germany during World War II, the United Kingdom and the Soviet Union invade Iran in late August and force the Shah to abdicate in favor of his son, Mohammad Reza Pahlavi.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 September 1941
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?