Thursday 16 September 1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Sherlock Holmes Faces Death, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1943!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1943 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Oskar Lafontaine: German politician who served in the government of Germany as Minister of Finance from 1998 to 1999.
- Alain Colas: .
- Wang Houjun: Chinese footballer and manager (d. 2012).
- James McPherson: American author and academic.
- James Alan McPherson: American writer.
- Forrest Teague: American astrologer; taught at the Church of Light, Los Angeles, CA.
- David Wilshire: British MP (C)
- Soviet army under general Vatutin reconquer Romny
- WWII: The Salerno Mutiny occurs within the British X Corps.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 September 1943 and get them!