Monday 16 September 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lord Walton of Detchant and Cathee Dahmen.
Caesar and Cleopatra, directed by Gabriel Pascal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching I Love to Eat.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1946!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1946 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Lord Walton of Detchant: Physician (Warden of Green College Oxford).
- Cathee Dahmen: American model (d. 1997).
- Mike Reynolds: Australian lawyer and politician.
- Camilo Sesto: Spanish singer-songwriter and producer.
- James Jeans: English physicist / Mathematician / astronomer, dies at 69.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 September 1946
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1946 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Blue Skies - Count Basie & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?