Sunday 16 September 1951
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
No Highway in the Sky, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1951!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1951 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Hermann Guthmann: German dancer.
- Vince Bell: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Andy Irvine: Scottish rugby player and coach.
- Susan Badders: American athlete, a member of the US Olympic fencing team in 1984.
- NL ump Frank Dascoli clears the Dogers bench ejecting 15 players
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?