Tuesday 16 September 1952
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nile Rodgers and Ron Blair.
The Snows of Kilimanjaro, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Jackie Gleason Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1952!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1952 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Nile Rodgers: Bronx, New York -- Rock guitarist (Honeydrippers).
- Ron Blair: Macon, Georgia -- Rock bassist (Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers).
- Jean-Pierre Bizoux: French harness race jockey and trainer.
- Mickey Rourke: American actor, screenwriter, and retired boxer, who has appeared primarily as a leading man in action, drama, and thriller films.
- Tony Cunningham: English educator and politician.
- Česlovas Laurinavičius: Lithuanian historian and politologist
- Karen Muir: South African swimmer and physician (d. 2013)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?