Friday 16 September 1960
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley.
In UK Apache by The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
Let's Make Love, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1960!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1960 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Philippe Gauckler: French cartoonist who has designed covers for "Présence du futur," "Je Bouquine" and "Journal de Mickey.
- Jayne Brook: American actress.
- Kurt Busiek: American comic book writer.
- Ean Evans: American bass player (Lynyrd Skynyrd and Outlaws) (d. 2009).
- Graham Haynes: American trumpet player and composer.
- Danny John-Jules: English actor singer and dancer
- Yianna Katsoulos: American-French singer
- Mike Mignola: American author and illustrator
- Lisa Allen: American skater, a stunning blonde with peerless form. Always athletic, she took ballet from age three and skating lessons from nine. Though she seemed an odds-on favorite, she often placed after others; fifth in the 1980 Olympics and seventh in the World Meet.
- Mickey Tettleton: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma -- Catcher (Texas Rangers)
- Mil Brave Warren Spahn no-hits Philadelphia Phillies, 4-0
- Amos Alonzo Stagg retires as a football coach at age 98.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?