Sunday 16 September 1962
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sherry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK I Remember You by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Divorce Italian Style, directed by Pietro Germi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1962!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1962 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Laurent Fontaine: French television host and producer.
- Seth : Canadian author and illustrator.
- Lori Stokes: American news reporter and anchor for New York's "Eyewitness News.
- Julie Larsen Piers: Westchester, New York -- LPGA golfer (1995 Edina Realty).
- Kimberly McArthur: Fort Worth, Texas -- Playmate (January, 1982).
- Saif al-Islam Achmad: Monarch of Yemen, dies at about 71.
- Brian Kilby wins marathon: (2:23:18.8)
- Gerda Kroon runs European record 800 m in 2:02.8
- Public TV channel 13 begins in New York City
- Ruth Jessen wins LPGA Sacramento Golf Open
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?